Meet our Comfort KeepersOur team is uniquely qualified and ready to help.Learn More »
Read Our TestimonialsDiscover what people are saying about Comfort Keepers.Learn More »
Comfort Keepers and SodexoA team dedicated to senior care leadership.Learn More »
AwardsLearn how your local Comfort Keepers has been recognized as a leading provider of in-home care.Learn More »
ReferralsDo you know someone who could benefit from Comfort Keepers care?Learn More »
In many ways, starting a Comfort Keepers franchise was an outgrowth of our own experience with seniors in need in our own personal circle. We became friendly with several elderly members of our church who, for one reason or another, have little or no family locally.
We began helping provide transportation to/from church, running errands, etc. and they became an extension of our own family. Many Thanksgiving dinners, Christmas and Easter celebrations were enjoyed with our growing family. After taking a 10 year hiatus from a challenging career in banking to raise our two children, Joanie was ready to return to work outside the home but was looking for something with substance and meaning. We decided to extend the care we were providing with our own family and entered the senior in-home care field by opening a local Comfort Keepers.
David and Joanie Yeomans opened their first Comfort Keepers® office in 2004. They became aware of seniors’ need for assistance at home when they began caring for elder members of their church who had no family living nearby.
Ever since opening the local Comfort Keepers franchise, they have found great satisfaction in helping seniors enjoy a high quality of life at home and helping families meet their loved one’s home care needs. The Yeomans feel greatly rewarded when they and their staff are able to offer seniors the option of living in their own home rather than having to move to a senior care facility.
Comfort Keepers provides seniors and their families a full spectrum of services to meet their elder care needs. We also partner with other elder care and health care providers who offer services that complement ours. These partners include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies, physicians, hospitals, and hospice care.
What differentiates Comfort Keepers from other providers in the market is the comprehensive nature of our services and our commitment to our clients and their families. We offer everything from homemaking to private duty nursing to Care Management to concierge services. Layer on this our guarantee of every shift and our promise meet every request for services which means our clients never find themselves without appropriate care while in their homes. No other provider comes close to this level of service.
A Brief History
- August 2004 - We opened our first location in Marietta, OH and began to provide basic in-home care services in Washington County Ohio (Marietta) and Wood County, WV (Parkersburg) and the surrounding areas. Initial services included meal preparation, light housekeeping and laundry, grocery shopping and running errands, medication reminders and companionship.
- August 2005 - Personal Care services were added to our basic in-home care services and we began to aid our clients with services such as bathing, grooming and hygiene, mobility assistance, transferring and positioning, toileting and incontinence care, care coordination, transitional care and 24-hour care in the home.
- June 2009 - Our office was selected by CK Franchising Inc. to participate in a private duty nursing pilot program and w e began to provide Private Duty Nursing services to our clients. These services include setting up oral medications, administering Injectable and non-Injectable medications, filling insulin syringes, ostomy/catheter hygiene, removal/replacement of aseptic dressings, general health assessments, care management, care coordination, and a range of other nursing services.
- April 2011 - We opened our second location in Charleston, WV and began to provide our basic homemaking, personal care and nursing services to our clients in Kanaw ha County, WV and the surrounding areas.
- May 2013 - We opened a Parkersburg location of Comfort Keepers on the Saint Joseph’s Campus of Camden Clark Medical Center. This location is conveniently located within the hospital on the first floor across from Café’ Joseph and affords many CCMC patients discharging from the hospital with a custom-made plan for in-home care services while they recover. In addition, this location serves as a human resource center, accepting applications, hiring and training caregivers to be Comfort Keepers.
Partnering for a Complete Solution
We offer a complete home care solution for clients and their families, thanks to our own services and partnerships we have developed with other senior and health care providers, which include nursing homes, assisted living facilities, home health care agencies and hospice care.
In addition to seniors, Comfort Keepers cares for other adults who need help around the home: new moms, individuals recovering from surgery, accidents or an extended illness, and others with specific in-home care needs.
Our goal is simple: to allow individuals to enjoy the highest possible quality of life in the comfort of home.
Partnering with Families
Comfort Keepers allows families to be as involved in their loved one’s care as they desire or are able, considering their work, family and other responsibilities. No matter a family’s level of involvement, we keep families fully informed about their loved one’s care and status.
Respite care is a very helpful service we provide to families who play an active role in caregiving for their loved one. To allow family caregivers to go to their jobs, get some needed rest, take a vacation or tend to other responsibilities, we schedule Comfort Keepers to provide in-home care. Respite care, such as this, provides family caregivers peace of mind that their loved one is being safely cared for while they are away.
Always at Your Call
Whenever you need help, Comfort Keepers is ready to answer your call at 304-343-5800. We staff our phones around the clock to respond immediately, whether you need in-home care service, have a question about our services or want to schedule a free in-home assessment. Typically, a Comfort Keeper can be at your home within a few hours of your call.
Communities We Serve
In the Tri-County area nearly 17% of our residents are at or above the age of 65, according to the 2000 U.S. Census. Comfort Keepers is here to provide seniors the quality of life they have come to expect and deserve. Conveniently located in Charleston, WV, we serve the entire Tri-County and the following local areas:
Alum Creek, Big Chimney, Charleston, Chesapeake, Cross Lanes, Dunbar, Hurricane, Institute Jefferson, Kanawha City, Malden, Nitro, Scott Depot, Teays, Sissonville, South Charleston, Spring Hill, St. Albans, Tad, Tornado, Upper Falls